[CUBE] Hitachi hard drives

James Rice daystar-genesis at charter.net
Fri Jan 16 07:10:03 PST 2004

The Hitachi/IBM "DeathStar" drives need something to prolong the drives
life.  We have had a triple failure rate of HI drives compared to
Samsung, WD, Maxtor or Seagate.  As far as quietness of drive operation,
I've really never paid attantion to drive noise.  I just worry about
failure rates.  Of course in a server room, nobody notices drive noise,
it's expected.

James

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html