[CUBE] Hitachi hard drives

James Rice blackcube at megaeasy.com
Fri Jan 16 10:07:37 PST 2004

The high failure rate doesn't surprise me.  Our experience is with the
ATA line, which considering the price differential comes with a related
high DOA rate.  In our datacenter we don't use Hitachi/IBM drives, our
experience is on desktops.  I do have some H-I FC drives at home on my
Sgi stuff.  They are very loud in a residential environment.  Not it's
intended location, but it's my stuff.

James