Cube speakers, sleep reports, please!

Steffen Barabasch TheMirror at westend.com
Fri Jan 16 10:11:33 PST 2004

>I have used these speakers with my Pismo and had=20
>no problems;  but couldn't much volume out of=20
>them.  So the power difference does make sense.

A normal USB port supplies 500mA, so when you're plugging your USB
amp in such a "normal" port the Cube speakers (or some driver?)
throttle the volume level (and thus power consumption). The speakers
are just half as loud, but they work.

On a Cube USB port they switch into specs-ignoring-hi-power mode and
suck more than 800mA. I know for sure, I measured it ;-))

Oh, and everyone with a 7457 upgrade, please put your Cube to sleep
as often as possible, let it sleep as long as possible etc., since a
faster, but comatose Cube would be... a bummer ;-) I always put it to
sleep when I go to bed (this is my work machine) and thus a flaky
sleep mode would be really bad for me.

I actually still wait for the dual board with the on-board VRM, this
looks like a *really* fine piece of engineering ;-)

Steffen
--
Steffen Barabasch (mailto:TheMirror at westend.com)