[CUBE] Off Topic - need Mail help

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 13:44:49 PST 2004

Try http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?cat=1

Lots of interesting applescripts for mail.app.  You don't need to dive
into the Library folder to make backups or archives. You can make an
archive (copy) of a mailbox by simply dragging it to the Finder.  The
caveat being that you can't drag an IMAP folder directly and read it
afterwards, but anything that you have filed locally (On My Mac) can be
copied out and opened by double clicking.  So as long as you file
locally you're all set.  If you're like me and most stuff stays on an
IMAP server it's not practical.  Reminds me I have to write a script to
sync an IMAP folder with a local folder to protect against the day that
the IMAP server goes berserk or has a HD failure.

Cheers,

Erik