my Cube

Robert Everts chipeverts at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 06:51:18 PST 2004

 Hi Cube list,

I recently discovered what seems to be a bad logic board in my cube. I have no firewire, nothing shows up in system profiler. I'm debating a few things and your opinions would be great!

A quick look on ebay and I found a cube logic board, but for $300+!!! I'm debating if it's worth that as I'm also saving to buy a G5 eventually... I do have several external devices including an isight, ipod, CD-RW, external hard drives, and that cool Dino firewire hub- all using firewire, or now.. NOT using firewire.

I debating if I can put up with my hard drives and CD-RW running off slow USB until I can get a G5 and then just selling the cube as is or using it in my home theater setup.

Your thoughts? Or anyone have a cube logic board for really cheap?

Thanks,
Chip