[CUBE] Cube Modernization Project - Informations needed...

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Tue Jan 27 08:16:16 PST 2004

Quoth Bill Fox (wfoxjr at earthlink.net) at 1/27/04 7:23 AM:

> Well, I don't know the specific electrical requirements of the
> components that Stevie wishes to install in his Cube. The weak point is
> the DC board as you point out.

That may be but the only upgrade he's considering that draws more power than
the original component is the video card... It's my opinion that a Radeon
8500 or 9000, while the best path for Cube upgrades, can't survive in a Cube
without being modified to use a fan or some sort of large heatsink/heatpipe.
Hopefully the Powerlogix enclosure will make a liar out of me. At any rate,
as long as a base fan and, most likely, a video card fan are used, I don't
think a 7457 upgrade, Radeon 9000, and upgraded hard drive will tax the Cube
at all.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (I think I think therefore I think I am.)