[CUBE] Sound on the Cube

Chris Lim chrislim at macosx.com
Sun Jul 18 02:28:48 PDT 2004

If I recall right, PCs generally have more powerful amplifiers than macs due
to their sound cards. Which is why PCs can drive unpowered speakers unlike
macs. However, I've found on my cube that volume drops very low when the
processor is maxed out.

Eg. Itunes is playing nice and loud. I run photoshop or launch a programme.
Processor maxes out, and volume cuts to a low level. The only way to bring
it back up is to stop itunes, cut volume, unplug USB and replug. Voila,
volume is max again.

Hope this helps some.

''Many rivers to cross,
  but I can't seem to find my way over'' - Jimmy Cliff