[CUBE] Alternative mice, wrist conservation

Wesley Rand wrand at mac.com
Thu Jun 3 17:10:20 PDT 2004

>From: Erik Ness <erikness at tds.net>
>
>So long as mice are of such interest, my specific concern is in
>saving my wrist. Any experiences with a thumb ball versus a standard
>ball-on-top mount?

If you are worried about saving your wrist you should look into a graphics tablet. Working with a tablet has almost certainly saved me from surgery to fix my wrists. I work on a computer (doing a lot of graphics work) all day long and my wrists really started to kill me before I converted over to a graphics tablet years ago. I now have a small Wacom tablet on my Cube at home and large tablet at work and find both work well. There are some testimonials at the Wacom web site:

http://www.wacom.com/comfort/index.cfm

You can get a good price for them on eBay. I see one listed at $20 right now with two hours to go:

http://search.ebay.com/graphire_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8