No Sound and Unexpectedly Quits

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 4 10:45:06 PDT 2004

Abigail:

I found that Panther  (10.3) was unstable on my cube and corrupted
within 2-3 days.  After that all kinds of thing 'unexpectedly quit'.  I
know it should work without a hitch but I went back to Jaguar (10.2.8)
and all those problems are solved.

I get the feeling that if I wait for 10.3 to refine through updates
they will eventually fix whatever is incompatable with my cube set-up.
I do however find it strange when it seems to work for so many others.

If you have your HD partitioned you may want to devolve to 10.2.x and
see if it is any better for you.  Also you may just need to erase and
re install your current OS.  A RAM checker program my find problems
with your RAM modules - OSX is very picky and bad RAM can take a few
months to be noticable.

My set up is

Stock Cube 450 w orig usb speakers
1 gig ram (2X 512 PC133 3-2-2)
40 gig HD 7200 rpm Maxtor
Nividia GF3 - Apple OEM
Powerlogix case w DC/DC board moved to side
no processor upgrade, so no fan except the one on the GF3
OS 10.2.8 and
OS 9.2.2 on a 4 gig partition for classic
Apple LCD
Macally mouse (ijunior)
Griffin imic for sound in from stereo

Hope this helps.