[CUBE] Apple Display Wall Mount?

Frederick Manter frederix9 at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 19 11:16:38 PDT 2004

>Hi there people,
>
>I'd like to wall mount my Apple Display (15", possibly will be 17"
>soon...!), any suggestions?
>
>The only thing I've seen is the Marathon Wallmount but that is so
>expensive... Does anyone have one?
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Alex
I made a nice wooden box that was sturdy enough to hold the display
securely on the bottom. The inside dimensions were just large enough
to surround the plastic, with the third leg removed. I then cut an
aperture just large enough to expose the screen. It all fit snugly
with the help of a small piece of sponge rubber at the back of the
display. I drilled holes in the bottom and the top for ventilation,
painted it flat black, mounted the speakers on each side and attached
it to my wall. It looked great, almost like a well mounted and framed
photograph, and worked well for several months. However, in the end I
decided it just wasn't convenient enough to use and it went back to
my desk top with the third leg re-attached. No modifications of any
kind were made to the display or speakers.