[CUBE] Apple Display Wall Mount?

Steve Houlton steve at gateway.unomaha.edu
Sat Jun 19 15:32:41 PDT 2004

Back when the cubes first came out I took apart a Apple ADC 15"
display; it's not hard to do.
Removed all third leg hardware (leg, hinge)
Went to a frame store and had a nice flat black frame made so the
guts of the display would fit centered in the frame.  They didn't
have a frame that was big enough;  biggest one was 11/2"; so I had
them cut a mat board with a bevel cut to the exact size of the screen
opening. I used double sided tape to attach the mat to the front of
the screen.  I cut wood blocks to hold the screen up inside the frame
at the bottom and top with wood glue; then used small wood screws to
hold the LCD up against the front of the frame. I used a dremel on
the inside of the frame at the top to make notches; so a nail ponded
into the wall would hold the frame.  At one spot that I had it
mounted I needed to tilt it a little so I used some small wood blocks
at the bottom that held the frame out from the wall about a 1/4 inch.
I never cut any vent holes.  I thought about making the USB
connections useable by extending the cables then mounting it to the
bottom of the frame.  The power and brightness buttons I just
disconnected them.
Monitor worked beautifully for a couple years until it was stolen.
I might still have a picture of it

steve