[CUBE] Cube+SoundSticks (version I/USB) questions...

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Wed Jun 30 01:33:09 PDT 2004

David and Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.

Last night, I took a ride with the HK connected to the USB port on the Apple 17" LCD. Definitely, It makes a dramatic difference in sound quality. Nevertheless, I'm affraid we lose the ability to connect headphones, don't we?

Thanks,
LM

>>> judogi at mac.com - 2004/06/29 12:38 PM >>>
1. Yes.  Although I think for the startup chime to work through them, they have to either be connected to the Cube's built-in ports or an ADC display's ports.  I know the startup chime won't work if connected through a USB hub.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.  The regular Apple sound panel works fine - select the Soundsticks as the default Output device and you're set.

David

>>> Bill Kostick <wkostick at comcast.net> - 2004/06/29 17:33 PM >>>
I have the Sound Sticks working with my cube and they are great.

1.  I do have them connected to one of the usb ports of the Apple
monitor

2.  The mute buttons on the keyboard do mute and adjust the volume just
as advertised

3.  The sound pane automatically senses the presence of the ss to give
you full control of the audio system.

HTH

-Bill

p.s.  they work great with Windows machines as well.