[CUBE] OT (a bit!) Cube CD:RW

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Fri Mar 5 18:27:07 PST 2004

I agree that most if not all of his complaints were petty or groundless.
But, without meaning to quibble, an unused directory _does_ use an inode.
 A million of them would be noticeable.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Allan Hise wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, john allan wrote:
>
> > and duplicated Users folders full of default folders you will never use
> > filling up hard drives etc
>
> An unused folder takes such a small amount of HD space, I am guessing you
> could put a million empty folders on a stock cube drive and still barely
> see the drive space.
>
> > Will new folks please not copy *ALL* the previous messages in replied to
> > emails as it really gums up the Digest form of the list with pages and pages
> > of waste like this .....
>
> Ironic, since you just did it...

I saw that, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. He must have been
demonstrating how bad it is.

Overly zealous snipping can also result in confusion, or worse, if the
thread gets garbled or lost.