[CUBE] Processor upgrade versus Video upgrade...

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Tue Mar 16 16:34:00 PST 2004

Well, if you want to use a 20" Cinema Display or a 23" Cinema HD
Display with the Cube, as I did, the stock ATi Rage 128 graphics card
will not run them: There is no ROM update for it that I'm aware of...
If your Cube came with the optional GF2, you can flash it to run the
new monitors... There are pros and cons to the GF3 that I settled on
[It has a fan (But it's quiet), and it runs warm (But my system temps
seem to be well within acceptable limits)], but I'm very happy with
it...

And I didn't spend anywhere NEAR $350.00 on it!...

For me, maxing out the RAM and upgrading the video card were the two
most useful options... I'm planning on upgrading the DVD-ROM and HD
drives before I worry about a faster CPU... It all comes down to what
you use your Cube for... I don't use any seriously CPU-straining apps,
so a faster processor is not for me at this point...

Pep