How do I set up Local Network password?

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 19 22:50:20 PST 2004

How do I set up Local Network password?

OK, I know ow to use the GO menu in OSX 10.2.8 and 10.2.6 and my shared
volumes show up

What I cannot do is log in.  I can use Guest Log-in and get the Public
Drop Box.  And I can read and write in it.  But I cannot log-in as a
registered user with a password.  It is always rejected.

Where can I, on the serving computer (10.2) set up what the allowed
Network User Name and Password - so I can get past this problem and on
to a new one?

Where can I set up what Files, Folders, HDs are shared and with what
Users on the serving computer?

I look at Apple and everywhere I could think of for this info - and I
am sure it is right in front of me in the OS.  In OS 9 I could do this
all easily enough with the Share Control Panel and the Get Info Menu to
set read/write for what Network User, but now I cannot find the
equivalent controls.

jj