How do I set up Local Network password? Thanks for the Help.

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 21 17:56:54 PST 2004

Thanks, all you who responded to my original question (except that guy
with the "rocket science" crap.

So, now I understand that I need to create an account to log into on
the server machine and this is how I get in.  This is very different
from OS 9 in that in 9 I could set a computer to let another connect
with a specific pass and access information as set out in the Get Info
on the files/folders.

The part I was missing was I need to create a new user on the server
computer for each computer I wish to network to it.  Now I can access
the HD as a registered user and have some access blocked due to
permissions.  This is exactly what I was looking for - control of the
name and password to log in over ethernet.

Really, you all were a big help and I poured through all that info for
the nugget. THANKS.

jj