[Cube] Seagate 340016A hard drive upgrade

Messrs. G & Steel germsteel at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 1 15:57:20 PST 2004

Hello,

I wouldn't usually send this out but traffic on the Cube list seems
particularly low so ...

I finally took the leap and put in a new HD.  The upgrade went flawlessly
and this being the 2nd time I have ever taken the Cube (Grail) out of its
Enclosure (Ark).

It took about 3 hours while watching Desperate House Wives and using the
optical drives IDE connector to transfer original disk's content.

Special thanks go to cubeowner.com (Laurie) and Carbon Copy Cloner (bombich
sw).

The cube is so silent now that I can't tell if its "doing" anything.

Nitty gritty:
Seagate 340016A 40GB
Absolutely stock 450Mhz Cube with 576MB RAM
OS X 10.1.5
Torx T10, T8 screwdrivers

Boot time (including many app launches) went from:
2min. 18 sec to less than 2 minutes.

Temp:
Pretty much the same as before:
ThermoInDock says 32*C