[Cube] G4 Cube to imac G5

Mark Plunkett mplunkett at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 05:07:25 PST 2004

> Well after the initial shock I must admit that I kind of like the iMac
> G5. The thing is that I've never really considered an iMac up until
> now. The original one had an integrated CRT which is bad for me, the
> G4 iMac was a bit too funky for my taste, and the design was
> interesting but far from functional (except for that nifty neck), so
> I've never considered it.
> But the iMac G5 might not look so innovative, but its more mature
> looks and practical design is what makes me consider it, not to
> mention the bast value for money so far.
> The only 'problem' is, that my 450 MHz Cube is still serving my needs
> very nicely, but if a 16 t weight falls on my Cube tomorrow, I'd
> probably go for iMac.

I total agree with Riba. It is not totally lust worthy in design, but
it is an acceptable upgrade (vs. the ugly G4iMac) if it becomes
necessary for my needs. It is more beautiful in the flesh than on the
screen. I saw on at a trade show 2 weeks ago.

How silent is it? Anybody had it in a totally silent room?

Mark