[Cube] G4 Cube to imac G5

Riba riba at ml1.net
Wed Nov 3 00:25:14 PST 2004

> Sorry, but these imacs are very nice and monetarily make pretty good
> sense.  Big upgrade in HDs, Superdrives, CPU, Screen Size (for me),
> Space consumption, and Bluetooth.
>
> I think these really are a Cube Killer package as feared from the
> beginning.

Well after the initial shock I must admit that I kind of like the iMac
G5. The thing is that I've never really considered an iMac up until
now. The original one had an integrated CRT which is bad for me, the G4
iMac was a bit too funky for my taste, and the design was interesting
but far from functional (except for that nifty neck), so I've never
considered it.
But the iMac G5 might not look so innovative, but its more mature looks
and practical design is what makes me consider it, not to mention the
bast value for money so far.
The only 'problem' is, that my 450 MHz Cube is still serving my needs
very nicely, but if a 16 t weight falls on my Cube tomorrow, I'd
probably go for iMac.