[Cube] Sonnet 1,2 GHz Upgrade - is it worth the money?

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Tue Nov 9 08:08:47 PST 2004

Hello Cube-friends,

now time has come to upgrade my cube.

As I heard (read) the GigaDesign 1,5 GHz upgrade is not offered
presently (is this information correct?) because of license-problems
with powerlogix... ?

So I think about buying Sonnets 1,2 GHz, although faster would be
better. Over here in germany I can get it for about 305 Euro ( 300 $
?)

Or does anybody recommend another upgrade, that is offered on the market??

Question to those of you, who have experience with the Sonnet 1.2 GHz upgrade:
Did you have problems with this upgrade or can you recommend it?

I'd like to know especialy: will the cube wake up from sleep (under
OS-X 10.3.X)?

Thanks for answers in advance

stefan