[Cube] Sonnet 1,2 GHz Upgrade - is it worth the money?

David Grant dgrant at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:16:15 PST 2004

>  Question to those of you, who have experience with the Sonnet 1.2
> GHz upgrade:
>  Did you have problems with this upgrade or can you recommend it?

I installed this in my wife's previously-500 mHz Cube with 1G RAM.
Took about an hour but wasn't hard. Turned the Cube on and everything
just worked - no oddities or problems then or any time since. We
already had OS X 10.2.x running before the upgrade. We never put the
Cube to sleep so no info on that.

Benchmarks, actual performance and subjective impressions all point
to the expected speed increase.

Hope this helps.

DG