[Cube] NO startup chime (iMic+SoundSticks II)

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Nov 19 09:55:08 PST 2004

Sean,

Thanks for your input. As far as I remember I never needed to install Griffin related software in order to use the iMic. I'm not sayin' it really doesn't use proprietary software, but the truth is I never installed any kind of drivers.

I almost forgot to mention that prior to the SoundSticks II, I was a happy user of the same device in its first version I - the USB based one (not using the iMic gadget though). History repeated... never installed any kind of software or drivers, but thestartup chime was there every time I booted or rebooted the Mac.

LM

Quoth Luis Meleiro (luis_meleiro at cilsp.com) at 19/11/2004 04:54:

> Setup: SoundSticks II attached to the USB cube port via iMic (mini-jack <-->
> USB). Soundcheck is OK. SoundSticks II appear as the output device through the
> iMic gadget in the Sound System pane. SoundSticks II also have the ability to
> control the sound in the right stick providing a touch sensitive sound
> controler.
>
> Problem: No startup chime when starting up/rebooting the Mac... Zero, Nada!!

You won't be able to get the startup chime because the iMic drivers haven't
loaded at that point.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://www.spiffypage.com