[Cube] Power up problem

John Derbyshire johnderbyshire at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 19 11:19:52 PST 2004

My replacement Cube from eBay (the original was stolen) has an odd
power up problem:

it won't

unless it's:

1.  put it to sleep with the power up switch

2.  woken with the power up switch, then Cube begins to power up but
never gets to the chime/monitor lights up phase but we can hear the HD
whine

3.  after 10-15 minutes (never immediately) it can be booted with the
reset button and powering up starts normally, everything fine after
that.

Any ideas about what is causing this and what we can do about it would
be met with a sustained round of applause!

thanks