[Cube] Big problems in Paradise

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun Nov 28 23:37:00 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, TonVanHest wrote:

> I am afraid I am in big need of help. Following happened.

[snip]

> This happened a few times. maybe also important to say it was quite
> difficult to get it started, I had to press the button quite long.

You should only have to touch the button lightly, it doesn't need to be
pressed or held for much time at all, when working normally. When it is
on, holding it for 5-10 seconds will power it off.

> So I thought maybe it is time to press this switch deep inside the cube.

this is a clue.

> I located it, pressed it only once and mounted everything and now the
> system starts perfectly!
>
> Alas, nothing to be seen on the monitor (connected tot he VGA). It does
> listen to the keyboard (ctrl-alt-P-R works).
>
> Any suggestions?

Perhaps, when you pulled the core out and pressed the CUDA switch, one of
the connections to the video card became loose?

I would pull the core again, reseat the video card and the RAM.
Double_check all the external connections (power, USB, video, etc.).

Allan