[Cube] Video Cards & 23 inch Cinema Display

Marc A. Le Pape lepape at hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 5 13:32:19 PDT 2004

Aloha everyone!

The old 23 inch cinema display is now on sale at a number of retail
outlets for about half the original price.($ 1,500 versus $3,000)

I want to purchase one but my stock G4 Cube has a ATI Rage Pro and I do
not believe it will be able to drive the 23 inch cinema display. So I
need to upgrade my graphic card, but I do not want to install a fan on
my cube or perform any other fancy technical work to make a card fit
the Cube.

Questions:

- Does this requirement leaves me with any realistic options ?

- Any advice on the best graphic card money could buy for a stock G4
cube to drive the old 23 inch display?

- I am about to invest into old technology. Does this actually make
sense?

Thanks a lot for your advice. It is much appreciated.

Aloha,

Marc :-)