[Cube] OT: Shut-down and restart

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 00:50:24 PDT 2004

On 18 Sep 2004, at 0:04, phoenix wrote:

Shutdown and Restart do not work from any of the menus. Sleep /does/
work from the menu,
but the keyboard shortcut (CTRL-Eject) no longer brings up a shutdown
menu.

     The only effective way I can seem to restart this baby is by
bringing up
a Terminal window and using sudo for either restart or shutdown.

I'm still using my SE keyboard (through iMate) with my Cube. Recently,
I inserted a powered USB and immediately got similar symptoms - had to
use the Power Switch on the Cube itself.  Tried a couple of other
(borrowed) hubs, all performed the same way.  Back to a USB extension
lead and hand-hot-switching!

Just a thort!

D.