[Cube] OT: Shut-down and restart

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Sat Sep 18 00:58:24 PDT 2004

Quoth David Lambourn :

>>   The only effective way I can seem to restart this baby is by
>> bringing up a Terminal window and using sudo for either restart
>> or shutdown.
>

> I'm still using my SE keyboard (through iMate) with my Cube. Recently,
> I inserted a powered USB and immediately got similar symptoms - had to
> use the Power Switch on the Cube itself.  Tried a couple of other
> (borrowed) hubs, all performed the same way.  Back to a USB extension
> lead and hand-hot-switching!
>
> Just a thort!

    Tried that. Actually, I first had to eliminate a non-powered 4-port USB
hub from the mix when it seemed to be causing some instant-off issues.
Nothing like getting near the end of a rather large document and having the
system just "click" and it's off... Can you say "ARGH!"

    So now, just the mouse --> keyboard --> USB port, nothing else attached.

Still digging,
A.J.