[Cube] Mac to PC firewire network and external drive

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Tue Sep 21 08:31:13 PDT 2004

Kyoung,

I guess you're having exactly the same issue I got when I connected my two macs assigning IPs over FireWire.

< http://gbrad.firebrand-media.com/mac/ip-over-firewire/ip-firewire.html >

iChat app reported the starnge error that my iSight was was being used by the Cube when attached to PowerMac, and vice versa. Weird but true.

LM

>>> Kyoung Seop Kim <coreblue at gmail.com> - 2004/09/21 16:10 PM >>>
My Cube is connected to PC via firewire and assigned IP address
10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2 each.
Something very strange happens.
When I connect my external DVDRW drive to Cube via firewire, it is
recognized by PC not Cube. When I connect the drive to PC via
firewire, it is mounted on Cube not PC.
What is this all about?