[Cube] Mac to PC firewire network and external drive

Joost van de Griek jvdg at jvdg.com
Tue Sep 21 13:16:34 PDT 2004

On 2004-09-21 17:31, Luis Meleiro wrote:

> I guess you're having exactly the same issue I got when I connected my two
> macs assigning IPs over FireWire.
>
> < http://gbrad.firebrand-media.com/mac/ip-over-firewire/ip-firewire.html >
>
> iChat app reported the starnge error that my iSight was was being used by the
> Cube when attached to PowerMac, and vice versa. Weird but true.

I'm guessing that once you start using IP over FireWire, your computer
starts to mimic a FireWire hub. This, probably, to enable you to daisy chain
other computers into your network (and not have each cable segment be a
separate logical network).

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?