[Cube] Re: Cube Core

Frederick Manter frederix9 at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 14 17:31:25 PDT 2005

>Hello Cube Owners ...
>
>I have a 450 MHz Cube.  A few days ago it wouldn't properly eject my State
>Turbo Tax disc.  After several failed attempts, I shut down the Mac,
>disconnected it from it's cords etc.  Upon depressing the release handle,
>and pulling up on it to remove the "Core" I was disappointed to find that I
>couldn't remove it.  It is hanging on something.  I have an AirPort Card
>installed, and have upgraded the Video Card.  No other upgrades have been
>applied.
>
>Any suggestions as to how I might remove the "Core?"
>
>Thanks for your assistance.
>
>Gary
Think you need to get the disc out first before removing Core. If you
carefully probe around the right hand side of the slot, under the
felt, you will find a spring loaded disc ejector and it will pop out.
Keep trying as it's hard to find and nearly impossible to see. Use an
open paper clip, Apple's favorite tool.
  Frederick