[Cube] Re: Cube Core

Melvetta Overturf melturf at direcway.com
Fri Apr 15 08:01:02 PDT 2005

Do a restart holding down the left mouse key and the CD will eject.
Works for me every time. Melvetta
On Apr, 14 2005, , at 7:31 PM, Frederick Manter wrote:

> Hello Cube Owners ...
>
> I have a 450 MHz Cube.  A few days ago it wouldn't properly eject my
> State
> Turbo Tax disc.  After several failed attempts, I shut down the Mac,
> disconnected it from it's cords etc.  Upon depressing the release
> handle,
> and pulling up on it to remove the "Core" I was disappointed to find
> that I
> couldn't remove it.  It is hanging on something.  I have an AirPort
> Card
> installed, and have upgraded the Video Card.  No other upgrades have
> been
> applied.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I might remove the "Core?"
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Gary
Think you need to get the disc out first before removing Core. If you
carefully probe around the right hand side of the slot, under the felt,
you will find a spring loaded disc ejector and it will pop out. Keep
trying as it's hard to find and nearly impossible to see. Use an open
paper clip, Apple's favorite tool.
  Frederick