[Cube] Re: Cube core stuck

Matthew childoferna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:52:47 PDT 2005

> Hello Cube Owners ...
>
> I have a 450 MHz Cube.  A few days ago it wouldn't properly eject my
> State
> Turbo Tax disc.  After several failed attempts, I shut down the Mac,
> disconnected it from it's cords etc.  Upon depressing the release
> handle,
> and pulling up on it to remove the "Core" I was disappointed to find
> that I
> couldn't remove it.  It is hanging on something.  I have an AirPort
> Card
> installed, and have upgraded the Video Card.  No other upgrades have
> been
> applied.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I might remove the "Core?"
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Gary

Gary,

Force-eject the Cd using the paper clip method mentioned before, that's
easy (unless of course something's wrong with your drive, which is
doubtful). Then, to get the core out of the enclosure you need to get
your airport card cover out of the way (it probably popped open while
you were moving the computer around and it now it catching on the
enclosure). The airport card is on the right side of the core as you
are looking at the apple logo, so open the latch and slide something
long and thin in there (a butter knife works OK, a credit card might
too) to move the little metal flap out of the way.

To prevent this from happening I ALWAYS turn my cube over by turning it
on its left side and then over to the top.

Matt in Tulsa, OK