[Cube] cubes in general

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Thu Dec 22 14:07:52 PST 2005

Yes.  Since getting my Mini I've added a 250 GB MiniMate to it, and I
love the thing.  It's STILL 1/3 the size of a Cube, and it's faster
at everything.  I also took advantage of the fact that Digidesign
introduced the M-Box 2 and got an older M-Box at closeout price, so
it's a small demo-type recording studio for me now as well.  I have
to use an Apple ADC/DVI converter to run my lucite 23" Cinema HD
display, but that's the only niggle (The power switch on the monitor
does not work with the converter).  And, my old Cube still lives:
"Cube HD" is always on my desktop because I put the drive in a FW
enclosure.

I never upgraded my old Cube's processor; just the video card.  The
Cube served well for five years.  I'm sure the Mini will do fine for
that time too without any upgrades being needed, so the non-
upgradeable nature of it does not bother me at all.

George A Pepper BM MM
"The Alps of Texas", USA
http://hucbald.blogspot.com/