[Cube] Re: CPU upgrades, no fan?

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Dec 23 01:26:34 PST 2005

Andrew: My guess is that fanless 1.2GHz uprades are only guaranteed by
GigaDesigns. But I also think tat this is a discontinued product.

LM

>>>aklist04 at comcast.net 12/22/05 7:44 pm >>>
I recall the 1.2 GHz CPU didn't have a fan.
Not sure about the 1.5 and 1.7 GHz models.
Of course now I can't find the web page I saved......
I know some people insist that a fan in necessary with a faster CPU
<http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems.html#cube>
but I am hoping that the more efficient power supply that Powerlogix
mentions might allow a moderately faster CPU without a fan.

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?