[Cube] Replacement drive

Lacy Kyle lacy_kyle at mac.com
Sun Dec 25 16:30:49 PST 2005

Hi folks,

Hope you all had a wonderful christmas. I have decided to loan my
standard cube to my father-in-law as it gets very little use
now......can't quite bring myself to let go of it altogether though
because I just love it so much. Anyways, my FIL has bought himself a
digital camera for christmas and the old Performa 5200 I gave him
years ago no longer cuts the mustard. The only problem with the cube
is the usual drive ejecting (or non-ejecting!) fault. I have always
got on by keeping a small pair of tweezers handy to 'help' the disc
out but, as I am now lending iy out I would like to replace it. I
would like to keep the cost as low as possible and, although the cube
currently has the CRrom/DVDrom drive fitted, would probably prefer to
change it for a CD ROM/RW drive.

As I say, I would like to keep the cost as low as possible and would
prefer a drive that is not as likely to suffer the same problem in
the future.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Lacy Kyle