[Cube] Re: External DVD/CD burner options

Andrew in Ann Arbor aklist04 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 14:47:12 PST 2005

>>> You may wish to consider an external solution for CDRW and DVDRW
>>> since DVD is the media of the near future. OWC has a dual layer
>>> drive for just $135 <http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%

> Try using PriceWatch.com and type in Pioneer DVR-110 to find a better
> price for a dual level DVD burner. The Pioneer model is totally
> compatible with the Mac OS and a bunch cheaper than the quotes given
> from those dealers. A quick look tonight showed prices from $40.95 to
> $43.00 with free shipping from various vendors.

I like the idea of an external CD/DVD burner.
Not only is it cheaper but I could use it with my Powerbooks as well as
with the Cube.
(It would also work with my wife's D**l but we won't discuss that here)

What software do I need to make DVDs or CDs with the Pioneer DVR-110?
The Cube and the Lombard run Panther and the Pismo has Tiger.
I'm guessing the built in CD burning would work but not sure about
burning DVDs.

Thanks

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?