[Cube] firmware problem

George Paterson geordiep at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 10:14:19 PST 2005

On 31 Jan 2005, at 11:56, Marco Demaria wrote:

> My cube is 450 mhz, ram 256 for G4, I try to update firmware from 3.2
> (version boot ROM: $0003.32f1) to 4.1.9 but.. when it boot up lamp
> flash (ok) but appear no index bar and a window on desktop on os9.2.2
> tell that the firmware isn't update. I tried to repeat the procedure
> for many many times but nothing..
> any suggestion? Thanks
>
> Marco.

I had a similar problem - the programmers button and the reset switch
are not functioning. Do you get power to the ADC connector?
None of these work on my Cube, but I don't really need any of them (at
the moment)

I managed to flash the firmware despite this probem, can't quite
remember how. It was along the lines of running the firmware update,
instead of clicking the shut down button I held the power button down
until the machine powered off. I may have held down
command-option-p-r at startup, or command-option-o-f (I think this is
the combination to enter open firmware).

If this doesn't work - persevere! I definetly had this problem but
managed a firmware update without using the programmers button.

Cheers,

Geordie