[Cube] firmware problem

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Thu Feb 3 02:50:38 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Luis Meleiro wrote:

> Bruce (and all):
>
> I also think that sharing/making a .smi, .dmg or .toast file available would be highful appreciated.
> I've turned my mind into water thinking of what might happened to my "Hardware Diagniostic" CD.
> Mine came bundled with the Cube package but it's the only CD missing, and I really don't know where to look after it.
>
> So I join Bruce in this petition to someone who's got it and wants to share with this Cube community. TIA.
>
> LM

> Luis:
> I bought my cube second hand and I didn't get a Hardware Diagnostic CD that
> would of normally come with a new cube.
> Would anyone on the list know where one could download a disk image, a ftp
> site or something?
> Forever grateful - if someone with the ways and means could make it
> available to us cubists without such a necessity.

I have one (or at least I should, I haven't checked in a while, so maybe
mine vaporized as well, like Luis' CD.), but sharing would be a problem
since a CD is quite large, even by broadband standards. I am not sure of
the legality of popping Apple#s software for an obsolete product online,
either.

One thing to note: cubes with CPU upgrades will fail the test.

Allan