[Cube] Vibration Isolation

retrophisch at mac.com retrophisch at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 11:47:10 PST 2005

On 2/2/05 at 10:39 PM, Allan Hise <allan at hise.org> did send into the ether:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Brett Pearce wrote:
>
> > I thought all modern speakers were shielded to allow them to be used
> > next to TV's?
>
> Maybe, but do you want to trust your valuable data to "I thought that...."
> I don't.

And define "modern," Brett. The 8-year-old subwoofer sitting in the rack under
my 36-inch Sony flatscreen isn't shielded, and it was casting a nasty, dark blur
on the bottom corner of the Sony's tube until I wrapped the sub in copper.

Now granted, I haven't yet had a problem with my Cube sitting on my desk with
one of the Aiwa shelf stereo speakers right next to it, but we're also talking
about a much smaller magnet in those speakers. And the Aiwa set is newer than
the sub+speaker set mentioned above.

chris