[Cube] Powerbutton problem?

Ton van Hest tonvanhest at zonnet.nl
Sat Feb 5 06:01:48 PST 2005

I have now a long time problems with my Cube that will not always
start. And I have eliminated a lot of causes like failing battery,
power problems, etc.

However the problem (Cube would not start unless Cuda pressed) remained.

Todat I thought to try the trick of putting something (antistatic foil)
between the button on the Cube and the housing. However the Cube would
even not lite up (what it always did). So I took the core out to remove
the foil.

Exactly at that moment the Cube spontanously started up!

What I discovered is following and I hope someone can direct my in a
way to solve this problem that really is driving me crazy.

Teh Cube works fine but will only start (without) any problem) when it
is outside the core. When it is inside the core it will not (say 9 out
of 10) start until it is removed, turned on and then put inside.

I'm curieus whether this problem can be fixed preferably cheap.

Thanks for all help.

Gr,
Ton