[Cube] Cube Hardware Test CD

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Sun Feb 6 12:32:10 PST 2005

Joost:
> Well, I can download it just fine with Safari here. Is the problem
> that you
> get all sorts of weird text on the screen? If so, that just means
> Safari
> doesn't recognise .toast as a valid file extension. Option-click the
> filename and it should download to your Desktop just fine.

Well, actually what it means is that your web server isn't sending the
correct application/binary MIME type, but other browsers are taking the
initiative and making a better guess when they see the data. (
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/jon/book/node80.html )

If you edit your mime.types file (for stock apache, or whatever it is
on your server) to map .toast to application/binary , people won't see
the problem any more.

	-- Todd