[Cube] Creating OS 9 partition and updating firmware

Snow White jj4 at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 9 05:45:45 PST 2005

Don:

With a couple small extention cables for power and HD connector, you
could run your cube naked and just uplug old HD and plug in 20 gig
outside the cube.  Once you have your firmware upgrade remove extention
cables and replug to your old HD.  The HD never having left the cube
the process is identical as you describe below but way faster.

OR maybe you could boot from an external FW HD for the upgrade.  Not
sure this works but others on this list will have first-hand knowledge.

Now you pull it apart to install the CPU.

jj

On 9-Feb-05, at 5:52 AM, cube-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com