[Cube] everything MAGNIFIED and wont turn off, help?

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Fri Feb 25 02:43:44 PST 2005

Quoth Lacorona at aol.com :

> 1. I have my trusty beloved cube and OS 10.3. Then, I accidentally turned on
> some kind of total magnification so my whole desktop and all my applications
> and startup icons are HUGE. I dont know how i did it. It has nothing to do
> with the dock magnification. I have tried everything I can think of to get all
> my desktop files and icons and MS word etc. to be regular sized. I have
> googled the problem until I am numb and no olutions. Help me? I have my cube
> partitioned also with OS 9. There is no Close View or any of the other things
> on here that used to control magnification. I cannot remember what
> application, if any, I had open when my fingers slipped and hit some keys and
> suddenly HUGE everything appeared.
>
> I am so frustrated; i spent three hours tonight, reading, tinkering, trying
> various solutions . Nada. I hope you can help me

    Umm... Check your screen resolution, maybe set it to something other
than 640x480? :)  Seriously, it just sounds like your screen resolution got
changed to something far below what it should be. Change that (via the
"screen" icon in the top bar, or via the Preferences menu) and you're back
in business.

AJM