[Cube] Offtopic: Software for writing manuals/documentation?

Riba riba at ml1.net
Mon Jan 3 15:32:21 PST 2005

I know I am abusing the list, but this is the only list I'm subscribed
to and I've always gotten some great help here. :)

I'm looking for a software specialized for writing manuals. It sounds
weird, but a friend has something like that on Windows - it allows you
to write chapters, maintain different versions, and it will
automatically compile a nice manual using different file formats or
layouts. I'm hoping that there is something similar for Mac, or at
least a suggestion how to effectively do it using the 'generic' tools.
Please mail me not to pollute the list. Thanks!