[Cube] Mac mini take apart clues

Philip J Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 12 15:45:51 PST 2005

On Jan 12, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Snow White wrote:

> These 3200 chips cost some hefty dough, but wait 3 years and let the
> Windows world catch up in the RAM dept a bit and the market may get
> some economies of scale for the price drops we want to see.

3200 DDR memory isn't all that expensive, especially if you don't
dealing with rebates. I recently bought 512 MB for around $60 after
rebate.

> This little mini is cool but a couple years behind the times - G5's
> kick the pants off this ...

The differences between a G4 and G5 are often not as big as you might
expect - especially given the default energy setting for the G5 iMac.
See the two benchmark articles that MacIntouch published recently:

http://www.macintouch.com/imacg5/benchmarks.html
http://www.macintouch.com/perfpack/comparison.html

Phil