[Cube] How to View HD Space Remaining?

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 06:04:09 PDT 2005

This will be the THIRD time I've had to ask this question:  1] When I upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1, 2] When I upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2, and 3] now that I've gone to 10.3.

There is SOME WAY to get finder windows to say, for example, "125 Items, 8.6GB Remaining" or something like that, but it GOES AWAY every time I upgrade the OS.  I need to be able to keep track of how full my HD is, especially on my G4 400 TiBook, because it has a tiny 9.37GB HD.  I'm getting "Your Startup Disk is Almost Full!" warnings, but I have NO WAY TO TELL how full it is or how much space I've freed up by deleating old files.  Mac "Help" is, as usual, useless for me.  I know it's some arcane setting buried under a bazillion directory levels or something, because I can't find it anymore.  Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks,

Why do upgrades HAVE to destroy your settings?  And folks wonder why I'm always at least one entire release behind. ;^)

Pep