[Cube] Cube (In Pieces) For Sale

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Mon Jul 18 08:55:22 PDT 2005

Welp, at five years almost TO THE DAY, my old Cube has finally become more trouble to me than it is worth (You just KNEW this was coming, right? ;^)).

After trying to get it back together and working again, I decided to put the HD in a FireWire housing and sell the rest of it.  Yes, it is still in a million pieces, but you can have it for a song.  It has 448 MB of RAM, and OWC Superdrive, an OWC internal fan, an Apple OEM GF3 graphics card w/firmware update to drive 20" and 23" Cinema displays (But I have removed the dead fan), an AirPort card, and a fresh battery (Still in packaging).  I also have an extra Apple OEM GF2 w/o the firmware update that I'll throw in since I won't be needing that as a backup anymore, and the original DVD-ROM drive as well.  There is a hairline crack in the shell at one of the retaining posts, which has been there since I bought it as a factory refurb.  You'll get the Apple Pro speakers AND an iSub (In box) that I used once, hated, and never used again, plus the black/clear Apple mouse and keyboard.  You'll just need an HD, an ADC monitor (Or non-ADC monitor and adaptor), and the patience to put it all back together.  My busy gigging and blogging schedule made that process quickly become a "fuggedaboudit" proposition.  All original software and manuals are also included (No OS X at that time).

1] No, I won't part it out: All or nothing.

2] PayPal payment in USD only.

3]  I will only ship to a US mainland address.

I was literally moments away from pulling the trigger on a fully loaded Mini when the Intel... ah... intel came out, and was hoping the Cube would stay cool until '07.  Didn't happen, so the new Mini is on the way.  I do a LOT of selling on eBay, so I know how to pack things so they could be dropped from a plane and still be OK.  First reasonable offer takes it.  E-mail me off-list at pep27 at mac.com if interested.  No reply within a week, and it goes on eBay with a bunch of other stuff I've been needing to get rid of.

Ciao,

Pep