[Cube] The Mini is so... small

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Mon Jul 18 16:28:44 PDT 2005

But the performance is LARGE:

1.42GHz - Over 4x faster than the Cube

80GB HD - 4x larger than the Cube

512MB RAM - 8x more than (my stock) Cube

Bluetooth/AirPort Extreme - Uh... I think you can do Bluetooth with a Cube, but I don't know about the faster AirPort

Superdrive - BTDT, had the broken fingernails to prove it (I'm a classical guitarist, it sucks)

Wireless keyboard/mouse - say wha?

Still less than a grand.  Amazing.  I think I paid about $1,200.00 for the Cube as a refurb, if I remember correctly, but that may have been with the 15" TFT.  Not sure about that though.

And... You can stack FIVE of them inside the Cube's shell!

Three minuses:

1]  Fan (Minor)

2]  I have to use my ADC/DVI converter for my 23" Cinema HD Display (30" DVI refurb on my list): This sorta bites because the display's power button won't start the Mini, and the Mins's power switch is in the WORST possible location on the right rear as you face the front.

3]  No upgrading (Probably better to keep me out of there anyway ;^))

Cheers,

Pep