[Cube] Question about Gray Striped Screen of Death

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Wed May 4 19:22:09 PDT 2005

John,

I recently replaced the ATI 32 MB (Radeon 7500?) that came in my Quicksilver 2002 G4 with a Radion 9000.  Not sure if it would fit in a Cube, but it is available, if you have to scrounge.  The video card was fine, but my G4 was getting slow, and I figured that speeding up the screen redraw (plus adding an OWC Mercury 1.4 GHz processor and max-ing out the RAM to 1.5 GB) would pep it up for a few more years of service.  And, yes, it is faster.

--Steve