[Cube] Hello everyone

Morning, A.J. phoenix at cybernothing.org
Thu May 26 18:22:02 PDT 2005

Quoth Blake Tullo :

> To clarify something, this machine will only be used for Word (maybe
> Excel and Pages), Email and Web stuff (maybe chat, etc ...).  I have
> a G5 tower for the heavy duty stuff.

    Good. Smart.

> So from the sound of it I'll need to bump RAM for sure, 756 be enough
> you think?  Maybe Kim is right though, not sure if I need the larger
> HD or not.

    Larger HD will be quieter and faster. Well, definitely faster. And
besides, 100 GB is a hell of a lot more storage space than 20.

> I'd probably install an Airport card in it so I wouldn't have to
> worry about wires.

    Good idea, if you can find one. Airport cards are becoming quite the
collector's items. Few vendors still sell 'em for 70-odd bucks.

Cheers,
A.J.
--
"...there is more to life than gears and horsepower -
not much, admittedly, but you get the point"